Friday, October 26, 2012

Maycee's Obsessions

1. Being naked, all the time.

2. Staring at her self or finding my ipod and going to the camera and taking pictures of herself.

3. Minnie Mouse, lord help us if we lose her.

4. Order. I don't really know how to describe this as one set thing, but she is a very orderly child. Things must face or sit a certain way. She will perfect them/it NO MATTER WHAT, if you try to help her. (you may call it a form of OCD, I call it adorable.)

5. Folding. This kind of goes with #4, but she loves to fold rags and towels. And they will entertain her for a good amount of time. Long enough for me to actually go potty BY MYSELF. If your a parent, you understand that going to the bathroom alone is a mini vacation.

6. Me. She will come find me just to make sure I didn't leave her. She will do this and then ignore me completely when I talk to her.

7. Baby Food. The child WILL not eat much of anything else besides this. Yes it is very healthy for her, but in a couple of ways it's bad for mommy's sanity. It's extremely inconvenient and it's expensive when you compare it to stuff that you can actually buy in bulk and make meals of.

8. Lids, of any sort. She will lick them and stick them back in the drawer. I have a weirdo on my hands. JUST WAIT, it gets better.

9. Baby wipes and paper. She isn't the typical rip shit into pieces kind of kid, she is interested in eating them. I'm constantly saying "get that out of your mouth please" or "give mommy the wipe please". It's just odd in my mind.

10. My boobs. I don't know why this started, but it was tolerable until the obsession was introduced outside our home. I will be carrying her in public and before I know it she is reaching down my shirt. Or on a slightly modest day, she will settle for groping me outside of my shirt. Either way it is really awkward to deal with.

2 comments:

  1. Haha about the boob thing. Babies are like that. I had a niece that would only fall asleep if she was holding one of her mommys boobs. Maycee is a typical little girl. Nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that I am not the only mother who is being fondled by her toddler child :)

    ReplyDelete