Friday, November 2, 2012

...and I'm sure this is only the beginning.

In the past hour, I have gone to hell and back with a certain almost 18 month old. She Sssh'd me while she was in the tub, she bit me on the shoulder-she always hugs me after her bath like 20 times while I get her ready for bed. NORMALLY I love the hugs...not this time. She broke the skin and it has a blood pool under it. And now I'm afraid to let her hug me. Ok back to the list of bad behavior. She has smacked herself HARD and laughed and then kept doing it (WTF?) She hit me repeatedly and I hit her back (not too hard, obviously because SHE LAUGHED), She tried biting my leg, and she has torn apart the DVDs twice now, after I have sat her down and told her no and even tried to distract her with a book.

Our poor kitty who has only been here 2 days now probably thinks my kid is the devil. She attempts to sit on her ALL the time. She thinks its funny to try and pin Izzy's tail under her foot, She has kicked her while she is trying to sleep, and I think this made me the most sorry for the cat, she pulled her off of the shelf by her ears. I seriously have a hellion child tonight. This is THE worst night as a parent so far. This trumps the first night home from the hospital, and the worst teething night EVER. I have never said NO MAYCEE RAE! more in a whole day than I have in this past hour. I really can't wait for 8:30...I don't normally calm myself with alcohol....but I'm thinking a bottle of wine should be reasonable at this point.



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the start of the terrible twos. Seriously every kid starts them around 18 months and has acted exactly like maycee. They will test you like this all the time. Then you will have days when they are sweet as gold... makes up for these awful days. And girl, we all cant wait for that time when they are asleep... even when they are 8. Haha. Keep smiling! (Just fyi, each one of my brew has done that nasty bite and each one has had a little pop in the mouth because of it... just the age)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's terrible! haha. She is a little ball of naughty-ness lately.

    ReplyDelete